The Lands program covers land holdings, surveys, mapping, legal lot descriptions, document preparation, registering interests, on-line access to Indian Lands Registry System and record keeping. Lease payments, rent reviews and insurance notices are tracked for leases.
The Indian Registry System is controlled and maintained by Aboriginal Affairs. We provide information and proper documents in order for them to make changes, such as births, marriages and deaths. We provide a variety of application forms, such as Certificate of Indian Status card and the Secure Certificate of Indian Status.
While addressing in-house policies of the Chippewas of Rama First Nation, these programs are still subject to follow Crown-Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) policies, procedures, directives and administrative e-manuals in all respects.
Some of the most common matters include:
- Land availability
- Lease or permit
- Registration matters with Indian Lands Registry
- Co-ordination of new surveys, quotes
- Maps and RSO plans
- Legal lot descriptions or abstract pages
- Verification of on-reserve residence for tax exemption letter
- Preparation of documents, signing, witnessing
- Preparation of registration packages to Indian Lands Registry
- Distribution of registered documents and filing
Status Card Renewals
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY ONE STATUS CARD PER PERSON IS ALLOWED TO BE ISSUED WITHIN A SIX MONTH PERIOD AS PER INDIAN ACT RULES.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID:
- Driver’s Licence
- Health Card (photo)
- Birth Certification
- Firearms Licence
- Province of Ontario Identification
- Student Identification
- Nexus Card (counts as 2 pieces)
- Passport (counts as 2 pieces)
UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID:
- Social Insurance Card
- ANY Photocopies of Identification
- Bank Card
- Expired Card (6 months or greater)
- Badly damaged cards where information is not clear
INDIAN STATUS CARDS CANNOT BE PROCESSED WITHOUT PROPER IDENTIFICATION.
The Lands and Membership office is located on the first floor of the Government Building, right of the main doors.
Hours are 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
General Inquires: [email protected]
CNLT Inquires: [email protected] 1-866-584-2121 xt.1377
Barbara Simcoe, Lands and Membership Manager (705) 325-3611 ext 1518 Fax (705) 325-9664
Lands and Membership Clerk (705) 325-3611 ext. 1520 Fax (705) 325-9664